March 09, 2010

American Idol Top 8 Girls

Top 8 Girls

Katie Stevens - "Breakaway" - This began on a waaay too low key for her and that made it really rough and pitchy. This still doesn't seem like the right fit for her age and vocal range. I don't know, it just wasn't good to me.

Siobhan Magnus - "House of the Rising Sun" - I struggle with what to say about this girl. This performance was more enjoyable for me than last week's. It was a little slow but I liked how she took this and put her mark on it.

Lacey Brown - "The Story" - That was a rather interesting start for her immediately after Siobaun. And weird green nail polish. But a great song choice for her voice. She looked like a natural tonite.

Katelyn Epperly - "I Feel the Earth Move" - Wow, now that was karoke for sure. Ugh with the whole keyboard thing...what year are we in??!!! Did not like this at all.

Didi Benami - "Taken By the Wind" - WOW. I loved loved loved her tonite! I'm a big fan of the acoustic guitar and this was a perfect fit for her beatiful voice. Lovely. This folksy bluesy sound of her is fab.

Paige Miles - "Smile" - Didn't care for the tempo change she made with this song. Honestly, I was kinda cringing through the whole thing. Sigh. It seemed soo pitchy, yikes.

Crystal Bowersox - "Gimme Just One Reason" - Um, YES. Now this girl is in the running for the next American Idol y'all. She rocked it tonight, this was SUHweet. Perfect. And she's so dang humble. Def. my FAV girl!!

Lily Scott - "I Fall to Pieces" - Does anyone else think she looks like 'Claire' from Lost?? Anyways. She just knows what to DO, what to sing. This was perky and upbeat but not necessarily a knock out. But I do think she will be here next week for sure!

No comments:

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs