July 03, 2012
November 27, 2011
November 18, 2011
May 09, 2011
"The No. 1 advice to parents is: Treat the lawn mower as hazardous equipment, not a toy. You don't let a child play with an electric saw, and that's exactly what a lawn mower is," Carol Gentry, pediatric OR nurse manager, said in a prepared statement.
- Never allow children to play on a lawn mower, even if it is turned off;
- Never allow a child to ride on a riding lawn mower with you;
- Keep your children indoors and do not allow other children to play nearby while you are mowing; and
- Children should be 12 years of age or older before operating any lawn mower and at least 16 years old to operate a riding mower.
- Pick up stones, toys and debris from the lawn to prevent injuries from flying objects;
- Wear shoes, not sandals;
- Use eye and hearing protection;
- Start and refuel mowers outdoors, never in a garage;
- Refuel with the motor turned off and cool; and
- Have an adult adjust blade settings.
- Only use mowers with automatic shutdown abilities; and
- Do not mow in reverse unless necessary.
- Wait for blades to stop completely before removing the grass catcher, unclogging the discharge chute, or crossing gravel roads."
News Article: "A Wisconsin family will mark a life-changing anniversary today. On July 11, 2009, two-year-old Brandon Rudie was severely injured after his father accidentally backed over him with a riding lawn mower. Today, after five facial surgeries, Brandon is an energetic three-year-old, but his recovery is ongoing."
News Article: "AKRON, Ohio -- Roxy Kimberlin describes herself as an overprotective mother, the one her friends make fun of. But even her attentiveness wasn't enough to protect her son, Conner, from a lawn mower accident that nearly amputated his leg a little more than a year ago."
May 07, 2011
December 17, 2010
"Little Star knew that Jesus could have chosen to be born in a palace, surrounded by riches, but instead, He had humbled Himself to be born in a stable. He didn't want to be rich and important. He wanted to be like the poorest of the poor. Jesus wanted to be born little to show all the people of the world that He loved them, no matter how small or poor they were."
July 25, 2010
July 09, 2010
July 08, 2010
July 07, 2010
One of my favorite blessings of not working the past few months has been to be available to go to the special end of year school events for the cherubs. Joel and I both got to go to Alex's end of the year picnic...it was so fun to spend that time with him!!