February 23, 2010

American Idol Top 12 Girls

The Top 12 Girls

Paige Miles – “It’s All Right Now” – I really did not remember this girl at all from Hollywood week but she has a great smile and is truly likeable. I wasn't really crazy about the song, at times it seemed the key was too low for her at points. But she's got some def talent!

Ashley Rodriguez – “Happy” – In Hollywood week I really liked her version of 'Battlefield'. She's got a great look but this was def too big and too recent of a hit for her to grapple with on her first night out on the stage. Some of the notes just sounded flat to me but we'll count that off as nerves.

Janell Wheeler – “What About Love” – This girl has great potential I think. I'm not sure what was up with the background singers tonite but they were not in sync with the Idols or vice versa, something was whacko. Anyways, Janell is so pretty and likeable I think she'll be around for a bit. This just wasn't the best song choice for her.

Lilly Scott – “Fixing A Hole” – Never heard of this Beetles song but ok. Lilly is incredibly different and unique in her own little niche but not annoyingly so. I like her folky sound and the spin she gave to this song.

Katelyn Epperly – “Oh, Darlin’” – What?? I don't know, I am just not getting what the judges are saying we must be hearing two different shows tonite. I didn't like this, thought it was old and just weird but whatever. I do think she's got star potential and has a great presence on stage.

Haeley Vaughn – “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” – I really really liked this girl in Hollywood week. Didn't care for this version of the song and the whole outfit with the red guitar was kinda bizarre for me. BUT I like her alot and I def think she can do better than this!

Lacey Brown – “Landslide” – LOVE HER. She's beautiful with great vocals! I loved her own little take on this song and did not think it depressing at all. She's super cute and one of my favs so far.

Michelle Delamor – “Falling” – Hmm, not a great choice of songs either. I always cringe when right out of the gate these Idols try to tackle these incredibly well known songs but pop stars. Anyways, she's got a great voice and is very pretty but I HATED her outfit, I'm just sayin'.

Didi Benami – “The Way I Am” – Oh, I really really like her! She's got a great vibe and I can't wait to hear more from her.

Siobhan Magnus – “Wicked Game” – This is an interesting girl. I def liked the female version of this song and was pleasantly surprised.

Crystal Bowersox – “Hand In My Pocket” – Can we just say Holy Harmonica??! Wow. She is so real so believable. I'm always rooting for the the Mamas! :)

Katie Stevens – “Feelin’ Good” – This girl stood out in my mind from Hollywood week as well. WOW, the potential in this 16 year old...lookout. Cute outfit but I kinda agreed with judges in the song was too old for her. She's a contender folks.


~ Ok, that said...honestly, I REALLY waiting for guys night!! But it was the first night on the stage for these girls but I think they are going to need to step it up to keep up with the boys for sure. What did y'all think??

No comments:

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs