February 06, 2009

A Book Review

I just finished this new novel, The Centurion's Wife recently and had to let y'all in this great read!!!  Janette Oke has long been a fav of mine since well, my teens...with her Love series.  :)  Historical fiction is definitely a genre I get into and this novel fits the bill.  

Davis Bunn and Janette Oke craft this tale of culture, obligation, hope and love during the time of Jesus in such vivid way I could just taste the dust in the wind and hear the followers of Jesus talk!  The Centurion's Wife begins her life in wealth and luxury only to have it stripped away and be relegated to a life of servitude.  Friendships formed with the followers of Jesus reveal to her where true hope and love are found.  

I definitely recommend The Centurion's Wife to everyone! This will be the first in their Acts of Faith series...can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs