May 14, 2008

AI ~ top 3

~ Judges Choice night ~

David Archuletta ~ (Paula's Choice) "And So It Goes" - Billy Joel. I really like the acapella beginning part of this song! He had crystal clear vocals this performance and I quite enjoyed it actually. :)

~ (His Choice) "With You" - Chris Brown. Oh my dear. Watdaheck was that??!! This was extremely strange for me, totally did not fit him or his style. It didn't seem like a serious performance to me, too beeboppy yes, that's a word and way ackward...totally agreed with Simon on this.

~ "Longer" - Dan Foggelberg. This was better than the 2nd performance for me but was kinda boring. It really did sound old and lack luster, totally not the kind of "here I am this is the kind of album I would do if I won" type of song to do in the final 3. I don't know.

Syesha Mercado ~ (Randy's Choice) "If I Ain't Got You" - Alicia Keys. She looked beautiful tonite as always. I thought she did a great job with a really tough song, Alicia's got to be wicked hard to be compared to. I enjoyed it.

~ (Her Choice) "Fever" - Peggy Lee. Uh, nice dress maybe a tad on the short side for the stage and SHOES!! Ok, this seemed more like a fun performance than a I'm in this thing to win it performance.

~ "Hit Me Up" - Gia Farrell. This was better than her 2nd performance but it was just ok for me. I wasn't too crazy about this one. I think she sorta blew her shot with these 2 song choices and should be worried about tonite.

David Cook ~ (Simon's Choice) "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" - Roberta Flack. I have never heard this song before so I have nothing to compare it to. But I LOVEDIT. I think his quieter tones are so nice and soft, they come out great with this kind of ballad song. Really nice for something different! LOVELY.

~ (His Choice) "Dare You To Move" - Switchfoot. It seemed like the intro took too long to get to the big part of the song, a little rough and low. But he finished it like the TRUEROCKER that he is! Nice!!!!

~ "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" - Aerosmith. SUHWEEEET. Nice outfit, looked great tonite. INITTOWINIT y'all...totally agree with Simon on this one. And need I say more...he got a STANDING O people....a STANDING O. VOTED x too many to count :)


BEST of the NIGHT:
sorry to repeat but y'all know how I feel...

VOTE y'all VOTE!!!! :)

2 comments:

connie said...

For sure I voted for David Cook until they would not let me any more... He was great!!!!
Connie
GBU

Spicy Magnolia said...

Great review! I agree, David Cook was definitely the best of the night. It will be interesting to see how this thing unfolds! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I've enjoyed checking yours out as well!

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs