April 08, 2008

AI ~ top 8

"Inspirational Songs"

Michael Johns ~ "Dream On" (Aerosmith) - I thought he did a really good job with this song. He looked great once again and I just really get a feel for how much he enjoys himself up there. Great passion in his singing! VOTED.

Syesha Mercado ~ "I Believe" (Fantasia) - She looked really cute tonite and she did a good job with this song. It is slightly strange to me why she is picking these BIG songs to compete with. I think they are a tad out of her reach but again, good job.

Jason Castro ~ "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (?) - He was looking pretty good tonite for a change! I was like yay, I like it once again. It didn't blow me out of the water but it was a very pleasant and enjoyable performance. Good job!

Kristy Lee Cook ~ "Anyway" (Martina McBride) - LOVE this song! I have not been a fan of Kristy's from the beginning but tonite was her best so far hands down. She did a good job with this song and was truly believable. Can I just add a wardrobe tidbit here? Does she not own something with sleeves??!

David Cook ~ "Innocent" (Our Lady of Peace) - Sorta weird beginning for me but he really came around in the middle and end. Great job once again! Very cool hand sign at the end...well done. Anyone know what the orange band stands for?? VOTED.

Carly Smithson ~ "Show Must Go On" (Queen) - Hmm, not crazy about this song or performance. Def not her best tonite, just weird song. But she did look LOVELY as always! VOTED.

David Archuletta ~ "Angels" (?) - Loved him on the piano and thought this was a really good performance for him. Does anyone get that song??! VOTED. (yes, I did Jaci!) ;)

Brooke White ~ "You've Got a Friend" (Carol King) - Such a cute dress for her tonite! I really don't think this was her best at all tonite. She seemed kinda warbly and like out of sync tonite which is really weird for Brooke. Still a big fan! VOTED.

**side note**
Although the theme was Inspirational tonite, it wasn't that inspirational for me. Picking the best of the night is sorta hard cause no one really wow-ed me. That said, the backup CHOIR tonite was pretty off the hook so we gotta give them their props! :) Honestly, it's really hard to guess who is going home or who should go home this week...I can't believe I'm saying this but I think that Carly and Brooke were in the bottom for me BUT I hope that it is neither of them going home this week!!

BEST of the NIGHT:


What do y'all think??


3 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Hey there! I agree- not all that inspirational. I'm sure tomorrow will be more so. Jason was my fave, but that might have been because I already loved that version.

Sara said...

I agree with you, not that inspirational.

mines up

Melzie said...

thanks for blogging I enjoyed reading it :D xoxo melzie

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs