January 09, 2008

One Million Moms article

Hey y'all!

I am not one for jumping on any bandwagons but I get updates from One Million Moms (a project of the American Family Association). They faithfully keep me posted on things, debates, issues that are going on in the country that I don't have time to surf or read up on myself. Today I received an update and I was appalled by this article written by Marcia Segelstein (former producer for CBS news and now a freelance writer and also a Mom). She writes about what is going on in our local Abercrombie & Fitch or Hollister stores. I don't shop in either store and was mostly unaware of their policies and advertisement.
Alot of times we as Believers don't take a stand or make a "fuss" over issues that truly demand our attention. If we continue to let some of these things slide by without protesting, one day we may wake up to a whole new and frightful world that took form "while we were sleeping". If you have time, read the article and if you feel so led then send the email that follows the article. Thanks!

Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message)
The Message (MSG)
Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

vs. 14-16
"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't
think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand -shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven"

1 comment:

Loving Life said...

Wow! What an appauling article! I know each store has it's 'issue' but that is just rediculous. We don't shop there- just cuz they are so darned expensive, but this reason alone is enough to avoid it's area to boot! How incredibly sad that kids we love and care for are exposed to such senseless acts of stupidity! Makes me mad.

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs