June 30, 2007

Micah is going home today!!

It looks like Micah will be going home today...please continue to pray for his quick and complete recovery/healing! Pray for strength, rest and endurance for his parents as they care for him and continue with all of life's regular tasks. Praise that Kara and her brother are able to fly back home to help their parents care for Micah! Lift this dear family up to the Lord as the Spirit brings them to your minds and hearts. It's been a very long month for all of them and I cannot imagine the aching desire to see their son's eyes and hear their son's voice once again. Thanks so much!!
More updates...
June 30, 2007

“And without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead…” “And yet with respect to the promises of God, he did not waiver in unbelief, but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what He had promised, He was able to also perform. Rom 4:19..20

Good morning. I hope this is my last posting from the hospital for a while as we believe we will be going home today.

The above passage has been on my mind the last 12 hours or so. I think I have noticed that my hope is heavily influenced by how Micah “appears” at that moment, or what new thing I see him do. I find that during “slow times” my faith and hope wane much more. Basically I am walking by “sight” probably much more than I would like to admit.

“For we walk by faith, not by sight” This was one of the first passages that God impressed upon my heart, and it is still written on our chalk board at home. However “faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen” Well there are plenty of things not seen yet with Micah. Someone asked if he was still in a coma. They actually have a “coma scale” that runs from 3-15. The Dr’s PA told me yesterday that you could be dead and get a score of 3! I believe this was Micah’s score the first couple of days.

Since then, he has progressed to about a 9, I believe. I would not try and extrapolate that since he has increased 6 points in 30 days that he will be a 15 in another 30. That would be wonderful and very “God Sized” if that happened. Almost all of Micah’s movements at this time are involuntary, meaning that they are a reaction to some type of external stimulus. The LORD knows we are praying for this to change.

I have also been praying for Micah’s encouragement and hope. As you see him, you will quickly realize how totally helpless he is. I continue to whisper to him that I will guard and protect him and keep him safe, and that I love him like crazy and always will. It occurs to me that my heavenly Father is whispering the same things to me.

Still Growing and Trusting,

Dale

June 29, 2007 at 09:59 PM EDT
From Kara... (Micah's sister)

I have often wondered what it would take to make life slow down at times. When this happened to Micah, I found out. The day that it happened seemed to be a whole week wrapped into one day. In some ways life doesn't stop, it keeps moving, things change, and you have to keep living. I still have to go into work, bills still have to be paid, and my house still needs cleaning. But I have learned to appreciate each of these things in a new way. I have also learned to love my family on a deeper level. We have always been a close family and enjoyed being together, but now there is something deeper. We need each other more. I am looking forward to coming back to MI because most of all I want to help my parents. They are so tired. At this stage the adrenaline has worn off and they are just functioning from a strength that I know can only come from one place: The Lord.
Micah's procedure went smoothly to take out the filter in his chest. This was originally put in to prevent blod clots, but now that he is more stable and has been laying still for so long, his body has adjusted and he no longer has as much danger for clots. He was put under anesthetic to have the procedure done and this caused his breathing to be a little weak. This evening it started getting stronger and my mom said at one point he opened his eyes and seemed more aware and cognitive then they have seen yet.
The house is all set up to bring him home. All the equipment was delivered and the insurance issues resolved. Tomorrow will be the 30th of June when Micah gets to come home. He went into the hospital on the 29th of May - My wedding anniversary. When he gets better he owes us one big appology dinner out :)
Josiah and I both fly in on Tuesday evening. We bought our tickets separately and without planning it ahead of time are landing within 30 minutes of each other. I think we had some heavenly arrangements being made for us.
Thank you again for all your support and care. Having you all with us through this journey has meant more to us then we can express.
"And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: Fear not, neither be dismayed" Duet. 31:8

No comments:

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs