December 17, 2010

Little Star Book Review

I recently had the privilege of reading a delightful new children's book called, Little Star. This is the second book by Anthony DeStefano that I've been able to receive and review. I loved the first book, This Little Prayer of Mine and Little Star is just as wonderful! I read it to my little 5 year old nephew and he loved it as did I. The illustrations are simply beautiful and are a perfect complement to this tender Christmas story, told from the Little Star's point of view.

I am always looking for children's books that have deep spiritual truths tucked into an engaging story...Little Star is exactly that.
"Little Star knew that Jesus could have chosen to be born in a palace, surrounded by riches, but instead, He had humbled Himself to be born in a stable. He didn't want to be rich and important. He wanted to be like the poorest of the poor. Jesus wanted to be born little to show all the people of the world that He loved them, no matter how small or poor they were."

If you are looking for that last little gift for your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews...those special little ones in your lives then consider picking up a copy of Little Star for them! You won't be disappointed! :)

A special thanks to Anthony for again allowing me the blessing of reading your wonderful books to the little ones in my life!

No comments:

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs