January 10, 2010

My People

We had a pretty quiet Christmas for the first time this year...that was kinda hard. But we were with my parents, my sis, BIL and nephew which was awesome! And my favorite uncle was able to come down for a visit with his girlfriend and we had a great time together! We invited ourselves over to my sister and bro-in-law's NEW HOME for New Year's Day...it was pretty stinkin' exciting!! :) So I had to get a shot of all of us (except my hubby) together. My BIL is making a face and this happens to be the one shot that turned out...but that's pretty fitting for our family. What can I say?...


"These are my people
This is where I come from
We're givin' this life everything we got and then some
It ain't always pretty
But it's real
It's the way we were made
Wouldn't have it any other way
These are my people..."

(Rodney Atkins)

5 comments:

TheRagan3 said...

thought there was a better one of us all.. what about the one without Michael's silly face??

Lavishly Loved said...

Definitely leave the silly face. It adds texture to the photo! lol
Great shot. What a happy bunch of folks.

Debbie Petras said...

What a fun family photo!

I have to say I stopped to see if you were blogging about American Idol this season. I had such a fun time reading your posts last season. Did you see the guy that sang "Pants on the Ground"? What a crackup he was.

Thinking of you,
Debbie

Loving Life said...

Seriously Girl! Your camera and picture taking is AMAZING!!! I am sooo thrilled for your gift in photography!!!
How's the fam?? Are you all buried in lots of snow?
Hugs my Friend!
Debi

Rachel said...

Very fun photo! (btw, I know I've said it before, but your layout makes me smile. It's so "happy.")

Following In My Shoes

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs