July 02, 2009

Dad Update

Hi again,
Sorry it's been so long since my last update...this past Monday, my dad underwent the heart catherization to determine the cause of his chest "pressure/twinges". After just 30 min, they could tell that stints would do nothing because my dad had several artery blockages. The main artery in the heart was 70% blocked which was causing his distress, there were 3 other blockages ranging from 40 - 99% closed. Needless to say, the Dr told my dad he was just blessed to be still alive and kicking!! We are praising God for sparing my dad's life for sure!!

So, on Tuesday a.m. my dad had triple bypass open heart surgery. He came through the 3 hr surgery with flying colors! His heart began to beat immediately which was awesome! We went in to see him afterwards and he looked fabulous for undergoing a major operation. :) We are at Day 5 of hospitalization. Dad is fairly well after surgery, not in too much pain or discomfort. Today he began to walk the walls and did very well but was extremely tired afterwards. He sleeps most of the day but that is totally normal. They found today that his lung is collapsed. He doesn't seem to be short of breath but it can't be helping his healing.

Please continue to pray if you would for my Papa!! He is an amazing man, slow to complain or ask for anything...ridiculously hard to fuss over but Mom and I are doing our best!! :) I have been able to go down and visit every day this week...PTL for a flexible job! We are not sure when he will be able to come home...it may be at least Sunday if not later. I cannot thank you enough for your prayers and support during this difficult time. God is good, y'all...all the time!

1 comment:

Debbie Petras said...

I'm still praying for your dad. I guess he must have been discharged from the hospital as it seems I'm reading your blog backwards in time sequence. There was a photo of your dad and sister. He looks pretty good!

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs