December 21, 2008

A Book Review

I am still plugging along for Katrina's Fall into Reading 2008...it's actually finished but I'm am behind posting my reviews! It's been super fun as always and it never ceases to get my juices flowin for some good reading.  

So, I just finished Karen Kingsbury's latest novel out...Every Now and Then.  It is the 3rd in her 9/11 series and a great one at that! This book continues the story of the two families from the first 2 books in the series and also begins a new story of Alex.  Alex suffers loss as well in the 9/11 attack and seeks a different kind of path to ease the pain.  God proves Himself faithful through it all and in the end Alex finds where true peace comes from and is able to forgive.  

The series is fiction but so vividly puts into words the stories of family affected by that tragic day in our country.  It's humbling to think of the heroism that was born from adversity.  Being American makes me so proud!

This is a DEF must read...as ALL Karen's books are, in my opinion.  If you haven't read the other two, start there and then finish up with Every Now and Then...you won't be sorry!  :)  Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Suzanne & Duncan Forbes said...

I love any book by Karen Kingsbury! She goes to the church where I used to attend a MOMS group - and she came in and did a book club session with us - so much fun!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Loved this. It took me more than 3 weeks to read it, as I'm slightly busier now than I was before Li'l Empress came home. And when I'm finally able to sit and relax - I fall asleep! :) But yes, all hers are MUSTS.

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs