August 17, 2008

Butterfly Catchin'

My cherubs absolutely L.O.V.E. to be outside and they adore animals and insects of any size, shape or color!  :)  One day while I was at work they decided to put their butterfly nets to good use and catch some butterflies...then they saved them for me to see when I got home because they know I love love to see butterflies.  After I got over my shock to see these gorgeous beauties in a old licorice container flapping like mad...I encouraged them to let them go.  They were very sad to see their prize collection go but they knew they could only live if they were free.
 


My beautiful children with some of God's beautiful creation...



They did not enjoy being held captive...



They were meant to Fly Free...



Butterfly and Moth together basking in the sunlight of a beautiful day before flying off...




For the longest time butterflies have reminded me so much of this verse... 


2 Corinthians 5:17, 
"...anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person.  The old life is gone; a new life has begun!"  NLT


I firmly believe that God the Father is about TRANSFORMATION not Reformation...just like the butterfly starts out as a caterpillar and is transformed into a beautiful butterfly so we too are transformed by the power of God from sinners to saints...death to life, darkness to light, enemies of God to children of God!  And as a Child of God I was meant to be FREE to live in Christ, no longer a slave to sin or the flesh...a captive no longer...I am FREE to be who I am in Christ and bask in the light of the Father's love for me.
 

What a powerful and life changing truth, revealed in God's creation...


1 comment:

HoodMama said...

Ok, I feel totally caught up with you now! Happy Happy Belated birthday Chloe!!! And I heart Michael Phelps! He totally rocks!!!

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs