March 26, 2008

AI top 10


Interesting theme for tonite's Idol...each contestant chose a song from the year they were born. I was just glad I knew some of the songs! :) Overall, good night I thought...here we go...


Ramiele Malubay - “Alone” ~ First, finally she picks a song that she can go BIG on! That said, it was just 'ok' for me. It was a bit screechy at times but at least there was some action in there. Sweet girl, I think she needs some more time to develop her big potential!

Syesha Mercado - “If I Were Your Woman” ~ I thought this was one of her better performances, she did a great job and sounded like the lovely girl from the beginning of the show.

Carly Smithson - “Total Eclipse of the Heart” ~ Love this song and loved Carly singing it...seemed to really fit her! VOTED.

Jason Castro - “Fragile” ~ Uh, huh? Sorry, for some reason I just can't get into this guy.

Chikezie - "If Only for One Night" ~ This was good, I think he is actually growing on me. And I like it when he does that cool R & B vibe.

David Archuleta - “You’re the Voice” ~ Never heard of this song before, wasn't necessarily his best performance but still love him! VOTED.

Brooke White - “Every Breath You Take” ~ Really liked Brooke's take on this...I did get what the judge's were saying about leaving off the band. That would have really been great! VOTED.

Michael Johns - “We Will Rock You” ~ Yay, really good! Def his best, glad to see him come back strong tonite! VOTED.

Kristy Lee Cook - “God Bless the USA” ~ You know what I'm going to say before I say it, don't you?? Um, well what I can say that this was her best so far. I think her time has run out and either Kristy or Jason should go home.

David Cook - “Billie Jean” ~ OH. BABY. YEAH. LOVED IT. Wow, who would have thought that a Michael Jackson song could be turned into rock?! Go figure! :) Oh yes, VOTED!!
BEST of the night:

1 comment:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Ok, so I need to go in and start watching the vote off show, but real quickly, I agree with most of your assessments! However, for some reason, I like Jason Castro. Maybe I feel like his mother, but I just adore him. And to top it off, I saw him on You Tube singing a Christian song on stage at a church, so then I really loved him. But, I agree, the past two weeks he has really blown it. His hair is a bit much for me, but he is young so I forgive him.

David Cook was OH BABY AWESOME. Even though I don't like his hair, he is incredible!

Ok, off to watch the show!

Happy night!

Melissa

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs