February 18, 2008

Releasing children from poverty...

I've been popping by a few fav blogs...Boo Mama and Rocks In My Dryer...and my heart felt a big God-squeeze! I was captivated by their "Ugandan Adventure" with the Compassion Blogger Group. Visit them yourselves...but be prepared, never know what God may have you do!!



I headed over to Compassion's website and started looking at page after page of beautiful children needing sponsors. It was beyond impossible to choose just ONE, there were sooo many! But with tears running down my face, one stood out and Joel and I agreed. So please meet the newest addition to our family...Bwire Syrus Noel! Bwire is 6 years old and is from Uganda. We are thrilled and privileged to be your new sponsors and extended family and we cannot wait to write and get to know you more, Bwire!! :)

Compassion in Jesus' name ~

For just $32 (tax-deductible) per month connects you with a child in a loving relationship that will change his or her life -- and yours!

*Exchange letters, photos, prayers.
*Become a friend.
*Provide opportunities for education, health and personal development.
*Most important, your child will learn about Jesus in a church-based program in his or her neighborhood.

Compassion offers numerous ways for you to
sponsor a child in need.
p.s. When I was surfing around Compassion's website, I found out that once you sponsor a child and get your sponsor packet...you will get a online username and you can write a letter to your child ONLINE or you can download their special stationary! Good grief, how much more simpler can you get??!

1 comment:

TheRagan3 said...

this is a great thing to do. I have sponsored a child in Bolivia since I was first eaching and Michael sponsors a child thru World Vision.
I had forgotten you can do the writing on line. It is really neat to see the growth of your child thru letters - thanks for the reminder.
Rin

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs