February 12, 2007

What is Love?

Love

I’ve been thinking a lot about this question, “What is Love?” lately. Here are some of my heart thoughts...

Love keeps on when you’ve let everyone down
Love points you to the One who is steady when your world is smashed into pieces
Love assures you that you will be ok when you’re hurt, aching, spitting mad and you feel like giving up
Love sees past the façade and mask you put on and sees you for who you really are inside
Love loves when you don’t deserve it and no matter your performance
Love roots for you when everyone else thinks you’ll fail
Love looks you in the eye and forgives you when you’ve done the unthinkable
Love promises you that you’ll make it through the dark time when you don’t see the light at the end
Love looks pasts the uncertain present and looks ahead and sees the endless possibilities in the future
Love takes the next step and does the next thing because it has to
Love often does the painful thing because it’s the best thing for another
Love goes and goes and goes and goes and goes
Love is hands and feet in action…cooked meals when you’re exhausted, presents for your sick child, notes of encouragement, warm hugs when words aren’t enough, money when things are tight and visits to let you know they care
Love walks with you on the popular road and on the road less traveled
Love sacrificially puts you first above itself
Love says “whatever it takes” I’m here for you
Love goes above and beyond what you could think or imagine
Love loves the unlovely, the hardened, the bitter and the untouchable
Love has hope for the days to come
Love loves despite the circumstances
Love waits for you
Love sees the best in you and sees your great potential
Love loves to see your eyes light up with joy
Loves gives of itself without expectations
Love always loves; it never quits, never gives up on you and never walks away
Love lets you be right and doesn’t have to have the last word

The only reason I know anything about love is because of Love Himself...God the Father. He is Love personified and reveals to us what love is. God loved me before I loved him, when I was unlovely. He loved me enough to give up His most precious treasure...His Son, for me so that I might have New Life! God loved me enough to woo me to Himself, to never give up on me and to never walk away from me. He loves me still...no matter what, despite how I fail and despite my lack of faith. God loves me because I belong to Him...I am His and He loves me because that is who He is!

God has used my family to show me a picture of true love. I have parents who would cut off their right arm if I needed it. They have always been there for me, whatever, whenever and however they could. My parents never ever ever cease to give of themselves, to give all they have with no strings attached. They love us so much that they allow us to live with them so that we can make a new start in life.

I have a sister who loves me warts and all, and trust me she's seen it ALL! Today she is still my best friend...that is love. Erinn never stops putting me first, what I want or what makes me happy over herself. She is the most caring and giving person I know.

I have a husband who loves me when I'm loveable and loves me when I'm nasty. Joel has loved me in easy circumstances and he has loved me in heartwrenching circumstances. He loved me when I was angry with him, he loved me when I couldn't talk to him, he waited for me patiently and quietly. He loved me what I railed at God and refused to believe that He was good. Joel loved me enough to point me back to Him, to remind me that God is big enough to love me through my anger and big enough to wait for me too. Being loved by Joel has shown me what it means to love sacrificially and faithfully.

My children show me what it means to love unconditionally...they love me when I'm having a good day and they love me still when I'm having a bad day. Each and every day they show me how love forgives and moves on, they never hold grudges. They love me with a new and fresh vibrant love every morning...wow, I am so humbled by my family's love for me. I am forever changed because of God's LOVE for me!

Here are words from the One who is LOVE...

“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand it’s own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever…” I Cor 13:4-8a

Happy Valentine's Day...I pray that you rejoice in LOVE today...and if you don't know already, I pray that you come to know what true love is this holiday!

Click here for a new favorite blog by Scribbit and read about her "write away" contest

4 comments:

Lady G~ said...

I found your blog through TT. Love your post on Love.

It's great to see other believers sharing God's Word. Keep it up!

TheRagan3 said...

I love you too sis! You da bestest!

Barb said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, Kate. This is just beautiful.

And thank you for visiting me and leaving such a lovely comment about my niece, Sarah. She truly is an inspiration to all of us.

Amy B said...

us995beautiful!!

Photobucket
 
Restored 316 Designs